Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Roksan Xerxes Winging its way to Hifi Pig's Sty

Well things have been a little digital around the sty for a while now, ever since i sold the last of my slightly modded Technics 1210s. I had been saving up to build some Horn loudspeakers, but when I saw an original Roksan Xerxes advertised recently I just couldn't resist.

The Xerxes is a turntable i've lusted after since I was a teenager but never managed to actually get around to owning myself. The Linn Sondek LP 12 was another turntable I lusted after at that time too and a couple of those have seen themselves in and out of the pig pen over the years. The turntable comes with an Audio Origami modded Rega R200 arm and the seemingly ubiquitous Denon DL110 cartridge. It also looks very beautiful in its rosewood plinth and matching power supply.

I managed to speak to the original owner of this particular turntable and he reckons I will certainly not be disappointed with its performance. Can't wait 'til it arrives. I spoke to the dealer that sold it me earlier on in the day and he's packaged it up this afternoon so it should arrive here just after the weekend.  Great dealer by the way who couldn't have been more helpful so here's a free link through to his site - he also does some fabulous looking Linn Sondek LP12 upgrades, Rega Planar 3 upgrades as well as his own range of stunning looking turntables.

More to follow once the Xerxes has landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment